1. Plan planking
2. Measure for each indivdual Philippine Mahogany plank, called splining
3. Select planking material, to minimize waste and cupping.
4. Fasten with counter-sunk silicon-bronze screws
5. Finish these off with wood plugs, also known as "bungs".
6. Hull fairing (smooth out the rough spots)
7. Seal hull with penetrating epoxy
8. Rather than traditional methods to caulk, I'm using Sitka in mahogany.
9. Upper hull to be varnished.
10. Lower hull to be barrier-coated then bottom painted.
11. Changeover from varnish to Cetol for upper hull (see later photos)